Deciding on a roof shingle color can be difficult. After all, if you decide you don’t like it after a month or two, it would require a whole shingle replacement. So, while you may disregard the color of the roof shingle, think about the price of removing and replacing frequently and discuss your options with the best roofing companies in Baltimore, MD.
Remember, the color of your roof will affect your house’s curb appeal, but it can also affect your home’s energy efficiency. So, while it may not be the most important factor, it should be considered along with other factors such as durability and price.
Why Roofing Shingles Are Important According to the Best Roofing Companies in Baltimore
Roof shingles come in various colors and textures, so you can find the one that best suits your home and budget.
Roof shingle color is important because:
- They protect your family from the elements, adding style and curb appeal.
- It makes your home look more appealing and attractive to potential buyers
- It adds value to your property
What Are the Things to Consider in Choosing Shingle Roof Color?
Different types of roofs require different shingles for optimal performance and longevity. A lighter color may make the house seem larger, while a darker color may make it appear smaller.
If you have an older home with a traditional style, consider matching the color of its exterior trim with that of the roofing material, so they blend seamlessly. It will also help prevent water damage from moisture trapped underneath the shingles from seeping into the structure of your home if there are gaps between them or if they are not installed correctly.
Here are some other things to consider while selecting a roofing shingle color:
- Curb appeal and sale: The roof color affects curb appeal and sale value
- What are the options?: Check out the color options from your roofing company’s brochures
- The life span of your roof: Typically 15-25 years – and you’re not going to want to replace it early just because you don’t like the color or because it no longer matches your siding
- Comfort: Dark colors tend to absorb more heat than light colors do
Find the Best Roofing Companies in the Baltimore, MD Area
When choosing your roof, materials and color are both very important. Contact Home Crafters, we are of the best roofing companies in Baltimore, MD We offer many services and we perform them with pride. If you need help with your roofing, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information and learn about our roofing and other services.